Thursday, April 23, 2020

Golden King of Abrakhan and Entourage

The Golden King and Entourage project is now complete (actually it's been complete for a bit, but I haven't posted it until now!)

The King is supported by his two "robust" guards and accompanied by seven "tough chicks" as my wife and son like to call them. Given there's no female representation I had to source these from a range of companies and adjust their bases etc. to try and get them relatively sized correctly. They're not perfect, but I think they came up well enough and the colours blend them in with the rest of the Harad army.


So here are the first three. I've kept the same dark skin colour and used some putty to make turbans and head scarves for them all.


A mix of female barbarians and warriors from a variety of companies.


And from the back...

The tough chicks generally have the same oversized weapons that the Games Workshop Abrakhan Guard models have, they've always been almost silly and cartoony reminding me of an old Looney Tunes cartoon (these are the guys carrying the King).


On some of the head scarves I did a little bit of freehand in gold. I used scarabs as the motif as they're what are on the King's banner above his head.


At some stage I'll do another whole army photo with the Haradrim, but the spare time I have at the moment (hint - almost none thanks to having to do home schooling thanks to COVID-19) is on getting the Elven battle company ready for reinforcements!

No comments:

Post a Comment