Wednesday, April 8, 2020

It's all about that base

I've taken a few days off to make for a long Easter break and help settle my son into a new home schooling system since COVID-19 has caused our schools to close up! So with all my new green grass and stuff we thought we'd rebase some of my miniatures.

We started with the ents and eagles as the ents in particular always looked a bit sad on grey stone bases!

So now they're on lovely brown and green bases!



There's also a hobbit and an Aragorn for scale, oh, and a cheeky cockatoo!



I put some trees around them, my tallest ones behind them and others to the sides.



And from the back you can see some more of the grasses, shrubs and flowers I added.



Next up were the eagles!



Again, I've left the hobbit and Aragorn (and cockatoo in the picture)



I painted these so long ago, I can imagine I'd do it very differently today, with washes etc.



And from the back you can see more how well the statues have added a nice contrast with the grass I reckon!



And finally, here's the Good Monster army!



The colours are all a bit washed out, but you get the general gist!
Here's the original crew (from an earlier post: old good monster army)



So there you go, plenty of other good guys who I'll rebase in green =) Nice quick work, just a few minutes and some glue. Easy to squeeze in from time to time when I've got a chance.

2 comments:

  1. That title...!! Very clever. Your new bases really look good. What have you used for the colored ground sheet? Shows up particularly well in first photo. I don't think I have seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks =) you may find other pics with the coloured sheet if you look back a bit. I think I got it last year as a birthday present. It’s basically a giant mouse pad with grassy stuff printed on it. It rolls up into a neat tube so it’s very handy!

      Delete