Monday, October 1, 2018

Fell Wargs and Goblin Riders


So I got some fell wargs just for fun. My son would like to make a battle company out of wargs. So we thought of what that might look like.


After making that up we decided we needed some Fell Wargs so that there could be some sort of upgrading.

Given that they're likely to be used for a Battle Company I painted them all slightly differently so we could tell them apart. Also because we can use them mixed in with our other wargs (some with a gray kind of palette, others with brown).


Here are some snarling beasties! These sculpts are soooo much better (in my opinion) than the original wild wargs. more dynamic, more hairy, more wolfy, just more fun to paint and look at!



Probably using the Wild Warg Chieftain as the Lt. I made a black and white fell warg to use as the Sgts.



I don't know if we'll ever actually play with them, but it's nice to know we can field so many wargs now!

And I just realised I also didn't show you the goblin riders, or if I did, I've forgotten!

As I've mentioned, we just finished reading "The Hobbit" and my son wanted some goblin warg riders ('cos... why not?!?!).

So I modified some goblin archers and sword and shield guys. Here is an archer that we will use as a captain (hence he's on the chieftain). I added a spear to the hand that is usually reaching back for an arrow, took off the arrows and added a sword hilt as though in a back scabbard, put a shield on his outstretched arm (that used to hold a bow) and green-stuffed some chainmail all around his legs.



And similarly, these other goblins have just been cut away a bit so that they ride on the wargs (though they're just blu-taced on at the moment, not glued so we can quickly de-warg them if they dismount or one or the other is shot).



So there you have some crazy cavalry and fast moving warg packs, ready for adding to a normal army list, battle company or whatever!

My brother and I are always happy to add things that make sense (as long as they're appropriately costed!)

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I like how they're each a different paint scheme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look better in the photos than in real life this time =) The white and black ones look good, the brown ones are pretty good too, but the two pale ones I'm not super keen on. They may end up getting a repaint, but I'll wait to see how they look in a game with scenery and other models etc.

      Delete