Friday, November 16, 2018

Dragon WIP

Just thought I'd better pop on and fill in on what's been going on!
We went away for a week, so not much happened there, and my current project is to put together a model we can use for a Cave Drake or a Dragon...


I really wanted the actual Cave Drake model, but I couldn't find one anywhere in stores or online. This is the Blightfang model and orginally I was going to do it without wings, but my modelling skills weren't up to the task when I saw how big the gaps were going to be and the way it was already sculpted near the wings.

Anyway, I'll do a full report when it's all done. It's getting there, but this is a much bigger model than I'm used to painting!

Here she is next to a goblin warrior for scale.


My son and I were reading a Tolkien Bestiary and saw that there were different types of dragons, including Cold Drakes which were every bit as terrible as others, but for some reason could not breathe fire. 

So my blurry photo of this old skink shows the paint scheme I'm going for...


So far I've done the base and most of the body and head with the wings still to go. Here's the base, you can see some flat sections where the feet will attach.


And I'll leave the teaser at that for now =)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Can’t wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good news =) Latest post shows the finished product!

      Delete