Thursday, October 17, 2019

Battle Companies: Harad vs Dwarves pony express

Our next game was the one where one team has to lead five baggage ponies across the map.
My son was using his dwarves and I was using my Harad.
I had the ponies and thought, no worries, I can just outrun the stumpy legged dwarves!

First, though, I had to get across the river!

Here's the Hasharin taking on way too many dwarves and not doing so well!


Here's the two commanders facing off. I was using some horses without riders for some of the ponies and I also have some (shockingly unpainted) ponies somewhere too. I split the force in two, one heading towards each of the two fords across the river.


This was actually just a set-up shot as I forgot to take many photos during the game! So this bit never actually happened =) 


This half happened, the fight at the ford didn't occur, but the dwarf on the hill did a great job, you can see a treasure chest dropped where he shot one of the ponies (sounds cruel, doesn't it!!)


So in the actual game I managed to get my ponies across the fords, while tying up most of the dwarves in combat. However, his dwarves totally mashed my Harad troops, they almost all have throwing axes and wow did they destroy me!

In the end he managed to get my forces below a quarter before I got any ponies off the board, but he hadn't got any treasure either so it was a draw!

I had to roll injuries for all but one of my guys and I only knocked out one dwarf!

2 comments:

  1. Brutal - I find that scenario in particular to be tricky, since it's "easy" to kill the ponies with archery, but without someone nearby to grab the treasure, draws are easy. Three cheers for throwing-weapon-Dwarves! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply! Yes, we love our dwarves and their stumpy little legs =)

      Delete