Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Far Harad


For Father's Day this year I requested a new Battle Company and got a nice batch of Far Harad!

First step was gluing, which I found to be an absolute pain! I couldn't get the glue to stick well at all. I tried three different types of superglue but none seemed to hold well.

In any case, I finally got them all together, though it took ages.

I'm keeping the colour scheme the same as my other Harad force so they'll look good together, but these have even darker skin.

Here's the king on foot. My colours are (so I can refer to them later):

Skin: Dryad Bark -> bit of a highlight of Gorthor Brown then a tiny highlight of Baneblade Brown followed by a few Agrax Earthshade washes.

Blue: Caledor Sky -> Drakenhof Nightshade wash -> Teclis Blue highlight -> small Lothern Blue highlight.

Red: (this is over a white undercoat so it's pretty easy) Evil Sunz Scarlet -> Baal Red wash (I think this is an old colour) -> highlight of Wild Rider Red.

Wicker and stuff: Zandri Dust first, then Agrax Earthshade for the darker areas. Otherwise a bit of either Karak Stone, Ushabti Bone for a drybrush followed by a bit of Screaming Skull (on the bone bits). Sometimes I did a Seraphim Sepia on the bone bits first. A drybrush of Praxeti White or Tyrant Skull too.

After all that there's a bit of sand on the base so that they look a bit more from the desert.

Anyways, here's a couple of pics and I'll let you know when they hit the table =)




1 comment: