Monday, January 21, 2013

Nazgul off Fell Beast

Well, I had a day with a sore mouth and little to do so I did some base-coating of more Haradrim warriors and finished off my Nazgul on foot.

I wanted a model that represented a dismounted Nazgul, so I chose one that I think looks as though he has been knocked from his Fell Beast then without hesitation begins striding forward and drawing his sword to enact revenge!

Same painting style as the other, Black, then Dark Grey heavy drybrush, then light grey light drybrush, then a couple of black washes then a really faint drybrush to finish off. Under the hood is painted Chaos Black right at the very end to ensure there is no highlighting in there.


Striding forward...


Drawing sword...


And here's the back, though it's not very exciting!


So there you go, I now have all three warband leaders done and dusted and one warband painted. The second warband I've more than half finished the initial undercoating but I'll be back to just grabbing an hour here and there from now on so it might take a while to get them all done.

5 comments:

  1. Well, now I see how much detailed is the sword! Never noticed it on my same Nazgul... One more thing to copy from you sir! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks =)
      I find if I mix swords up with a bit of bronze and more silvery metal it helps give some definition, as do some artfully placed washes. Most swords can look a bit more interesting with just a bit of black wash =)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing yours, I haven't done any conversions, just trying to get through the rank and file of the harad troops to remove my LotR backlog at the moment!

    I don't imagine I'll be doing any conversions for a while, but who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pose, with the sword half out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only used citadel paints on my minis but have used other paints for my scenery. I like not having to mix paints or fuss with dilution etc. no idea about other brands and I'm sure there are others. Use whatever works =)

    ReplyDelete