Sunday, September 23, 2018

King's Champion

One of the dwarf models I've always thought looked cool but didn't have was the King's Champion.

Well now I have it and have painted the champion (yet to do the heralds). 

I'm pretty happy with it, though I'm still not 100% happy as some of my paints have not reconstituted well (maybe I should buy some paints that aren't 10 years old!). Also, my freehand skills are not what they used to be so the cloak is highlighted and shaded, but I haven't done any freehand on it as I used to do. Maybe I will some time when my confidence and skills are back!

Anyway, here he is being ordered to battle by Etako (click photo for larger image)...



View of cloak on back...



And a front view (the last thing a goblin facing him will ever see!)



2 comments:

  1. Looks very cool, he fits very well with colours of your army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, had to use some boiling water and stuff to get my old paints flowing again, they are now either too thick or too runny. If I paint too many more dwarves I may have to actually buy new paints!

      Delete